1. WHO WE ARE
HM Group (George Stephensonweg 25, 3133KJ Vlaardingen, Trade Register Rotterdam 24345763) is a successful amalgamation of various logistics companies, including Hooymeijer and Tunderman. Based on the applicable legislation, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, we act as Data Controller in the processing of your Personal Data. This means we are responsible for the use of your Personal Data by us or on behalf of us.
The following private limited companies are part of the HM Group
2. OUR COMMITMENT
The care of data privacy forms the basis of reliable business relationships between you and us. That is why we take your privacy extremely seriously for business activities on every channel or in our offices.
In this Privacy Statement we explain how we collect and process your Personal Data.
We may update the statement occasionally and publish the new version on our website. This statement was last updated on 22-05-2018.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WE PROCESS
When you communicate with us through our sales channels, you provide us with some of your Personal Data, for example when you pass on your data to create a customer account with HM Group or when you contact us with a question. We obtain some data by recording how you use our websites or applications, for example, using technologies such as cookies.
However, we only process relevant information to provide you with the products and services you expect.
You have control over which Personal Data we process. If you are asked to provide Personal Data, you may refuse. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data that is necessary for the provision of a product or service, we may not be able to deliver that product or service.
Identification information: your first and last names, gender, your signature.
Contact details: your business e-mail address, business postal address, business telephone number, and other similar contact details, such as delivery address.
User account information: the date your account was created, your account number, username, account password, and security information used to verify and allow access to the account.
Details of your agreement when you enter into an agreement with us as a service/product provider or a customer: information necessary for our business relationship.
Financial data: data necessary for processing your payment when you make a purchase, such as your bank details or credit card details. Credit card numbers, expiry date, and security code of your payment instrument are processed by our payment service providers. If you apply for credit, we collect your information to evaluate your creditworthiness and credit thresholds at credit reporting agencies.
Purchases: data concerning the quotes you request, the orders you place, and the purchases you make. When you have an account with us, we also keep information about your balance and any overdue payments.
Location details: information about location for delivery purposes and the management of your contact information.
Your interactions with us: the content of messages, e-mails, letters, or telephone calls to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and details you provide for customer services. When you contact us, telephone calls may be listened to and recorded with a view to improving our relationship.
CCTV: When you enter our offices or other HM Group buildings, our security cameras may capture images of you. Some of our CCTV facilities are managed directly by HM Group, while other cameras are monitored by an external provider. We delete CCTV images regularly, unless they are used to investigate an alleged crime or incident.
4. WHY WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We use your Personal Data to maintain our business relationship with you. This includes:
• Improvement of our products and services
• Marketing (newsletters, direct marketing, profiling)
• Customer loyalty purposes (cards, events, competitions)
• External communication
• Compliance with legal obligations
See the following paragraphs for more information.
We use your Personal Data to perform essential business activities, such as:
• The delivery of our products and services: we use your Personal Data we collect for your orders, the delivery, the invoicing, and the collection of the payment.
• Opening an account and credit management: we use your Personal Data for your account and activation, your contract(s) management, and for granting credit.
• Payment transactions: we share your payment details with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services.
• After-sales service and return of products: we use your Personal Data from the activation of the product guarantee at the time of the order, the receipt, registration and management of a customer claim and/or return of a product onwards to the closing of the file.
• Customer support: We use your Personal Data to answer your questions and to track the sale of our products and services.
4.2 Improvement of our products and services
We use Personal Data to:
• Conduct surveys or ask for feedback about our products and services: we use your answers and contributions here with a view to quality control and improvement of our products and services.
• To analyse your use of our websites and apps as well as your response to our communication to improve the products and services we provide.
• To keep files of our activities and services, including any communication we have had with you or concerning you.
We use Personal Data for:
• Newsletters: we may send you newsletters about our products and services.
• Direct marketing: we may send you notifications (also per e-mail, WhatsApp, and text message) about products and services that are offered by us and third parties and which we believe may be of interest to you (for instance, because they are related to other products and services you have purchased or in which you have expressed interest). We may also share your Personal Data for marketing purposes with other companies within the HM Group. This may include sharing your name, telephone number, or e-mail address, so that they can contact you to offer you products or services.
• Custom content: we may use your Personal Data to offer you custom content and advertising.
• Customer loyalty purposes (cards, events, competitions): we may include you in our customer loyalty programmes on the basis of your account and grant you special benefits.
If you do not agree to these marketing activities, you may still receive feedback requests, surveys, and other customer care communications from us.
You can withdraw your permission for these marketing activities at any time or unsubscribe from receiving feedback requests and surveys via the website in your account by replying to a marketing e-mail or by using the contact details in the section “How to exercise your rights” below.
4.4 External communications
We process your Personal Data to inform you about:
• The transport markets
• Our events or innovative products and services
• Our business strategy, our standards and values
4.5 Compliance with legal obligations
We process or share your Personal Data with third parties if required to do so by applicable legislation such as:
• Tax law
• Accounting legislation
• Fraud prevention legislation
• Credit risk reduction legislation
• Insurance legislation
• Personnel legislation
• Compliance with our legal obligations
4.6 Disputes and litigation
We may process your Personal Data to:
• Resolve potential or actual disputes
• Defend our legal rights
• Respond to legal proceedings
• Respond to requests from a competent law enforcement authority
• And more generally to protect our rights, our privacy, our security, and our property.
4.7 Legal grounds
For each of these purposes, HM Group collects, uses, and provides your Personal Data as long as there are legal grounds. Legal grounds are the following reasons:
• Because we need them to conclude an agreement with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you. For example: to deliver goods that you have ordered. We may also collect your information because you have asked us to take steps before you enter into an agreement with us, for example when you ask us for a quote.
• Because we need them to comply with the legislation. In some cases we have to keep your data because we are legally obliged to do so. For example: to ensure general safety and security, for tax issues etc.
• Because you have agreed. For example: when you fill in paper or online forms and choose to provide us with your data.
• Because it is in our legitimate interest. For example: to prevent fraud etc. When we process your data on that basis, we always ensure that we weigh our interest in the information against your rights and reasonable expectations.
5. SHARE YOUR INFORMATION AND OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER PARTIES
We share your Personal Data with your consent if necessary for the purposes stated in the "Why we use them" section.
5.1 Service providers
When we share your Personal Data with service providers for the purposes stated in the "Why we use them" section.
Our partner companies must comply with our data privacy and security requirements and may not use Personal Data that they receive from us for any other purpose.
Information about your purchases may be provided to our business partners from whom you have purchased a product or a service, for purposes such as delivery and availability of the product.
5.3 Other companies in the HM Group
We may share some Personal Data with other companies within the HM Group. These entities act on our behalf and we remain responsible for how they use your Personal Data for these purposes. In case of a transfer outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland, we ensure that appropriate measures are taken to protect your Personal Data.
5.4 Other recipients
We may also provide your Personal Data to the following parties:
• Judicial authorities or regulatory authorities
• Parties involved in legal proceedings, such as lawyers, claimants, defendants, etc. to defend or exercise our legal rights
6. INTERNATIONAL GENERAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
In cases where we may be required to pass your Personal Data to a location outside the Netherlands and the European Economic Area, we will implement all procedures required to obtain the guarantees necessary to secure such transfers.
7. RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary in accordance with the purposes of the processing. The Retention Period varies for different types of Personal Data, depending on:
• The business need to keep the Personal Data
• The contractual and business requirements
• Legal requirements (data protection, insurance, taxation, personnel matters)
• Rules and recommendations issued by Data Protection Authorities
HM Group may retain some Personal Data after the end of this period, for example to resolve any disputes and for current or future legal proceedings, to keep records of our services, and to otherwise comply with our legal obligations and to defend our legal rights.
8. SECURING YOUR DATA
We regularly review the technical and organisational measures we have taken to secure our information and communication systems to adjust them to the risks for you and to prevent loss, misuse or unauthorised modification of your Personal Data.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password you use to access our website. We will not ask you for your password unless you log onto our website.
We cannot be held liable for any damage that may arise from the access to or use of our website, including damage or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other resources.
Although we have taken all measures to ensure the reliability of the information on our website, we cannot be held liable for errors, omissions, or results that may be obtained, passed on, retransmitted, or collected through the use of such information.
In particular, the use of hyperlinks during your visit to our website may lead you to other external websites for access to the information you are looking for. We have no control over such servers and are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third party websites.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise all your rights as a Data Subject. You have the right to:
Access. You have the right to know if we keep Personal Data about you. You may obtain a copy of the Personal Data that we have about you, along with other information about how we process them;
Rectification of incorrect Personal Data and, in some circumstances, to request that we delete data or limit our use of your Personal Data, or to otherwise object to our processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing or for reasons related to your specific situation;
Objection to the use of your Personal Data for certain purposes (e.g. marketing purposes);
Limitation. You have the right to ask us to restrict our use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, for example, while we investigate a complaint stating that the Personal Data we hold about you may be incorrect (under certain conditions);
Removal of your Personal Data (under certain conditions);
Data portability. If applicable, you may have the right to receive a copy or have a copy of Personal Data you have provided to us sent to another company (in a digital form);
Withdrawal of consent you have given regarding the use of your Personal Data, at any time. This includes permissions for receiving direct marketing communications (see the section "Why we use them", paragraph "Marketing").
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer when you visit a website. It has been specially designed to gather information about your navigation on the website and to send you personalised services. Cookies are managed on your computer by your internet browser.
Some cookies may collect Personal Data, including information that you provide, such as your username, or may track you to deliver more relevant advertising content.
• Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are essential for our website to work correctly.
• Functional cookies: these cookies are used to improve and simplify your user experience. For example, they can record information about previous choices you have made or remember your password.
• Analytical and performance cookies: These are used for internal purposes to help us provide you with a better user experience, for example to assess the performance of a website or to test different design ideas for the website. We often collaborate with external research to perform these services for us, so these cookies may be placed by a third party.
• Targeted and advertising cookies: these cookies are used to provide you with relevant and tailored content (including advertising content) and also to evaluate the effectiveness of that content. This content can be delivered on our websites or on a third-party website. We often work with third parties to deliver this content, so some of these cookies may be placed by a third party.
All cookies used on this website are described in detail below:
XSRF_ Token, Laravel_session
Collect anonymous data regarding your screen size, language, menu clicks, etc.
_gat, _git, _ga
Collect anonymous data regarding pages being visited, visiting time, type of browser used, source of visit, etc.
It is possible to change the setting that applies to cookies at any time. By adjusting the parameters of your internet browser (click on the "help" button of your browser to see how this should be done), you can receive a warning before cookies are accepted or simply refuse them, but in the latter case you must realise that you may not have access to certain features of our website.
The configuration of each browser is different, the links below show you the procedure for each browser, click on a link for your browser:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
NB: if you use different computers in different places, make sure that each browser is configured according to your cookie preferences.
11. HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
To send us requests to exercise the abovementioned rights or for more information regarding this, you may:
- Use the general request form on: https://www.HM Group.nl/contact/
- Or use the contact information below:
E-mail address: AVG@HM Group.nl